Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Just Want to Dance

A small group of people, including my mother, decide to go dancing with me. We all get dressed up in black and walk through a small village to get to the club, a very expensive, exclusive club.

First our younger friends walk through the door and get in, then my mom enters. The host makes her get on a scale, and, when she asks why, he tells her that they club prefers that their women be around 21 years old and very thin.

We both leave immediately, very upset. I just wanted to dance. A representative comes out to talk to us about the incident. She's in her 60's, very short, and she has red hair down to the tops of her ears, curled under (think actress Linda Hunt). She wears black-rimmed eyeglasses that are HUGE on her face, maybe 6" tall and wide, almost larger than her face, with an intricate gold design on the sides.

After listening to her make excuses for not allowing us in the club, I remind her that SHE does not fit the requirements for the club either! I then look at my mom and say, "Discrimination. Class Action Lawsuit!"

1 comment: