Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Double-Cross

I tried to park a car in my house, down a long narrow hallway. I just wanted it out of the way. Unfortunately, someone beat me to it, and he got the best parking place at the end of the hallway, and to the right where the bedroom begins. How me managed, I do not know.

So, I was forced to park in the front part of the hallway, an easier feat, at least. Slowly, I backed my maroon, 70's-style sedan into a hallway that was a quarter of the car's size. Of course, it fit anyway. This is what makes dreams cool.

There was then some jumbled moments in the dream, and I found myself in a restaurant with my family. In the center was an entrance, with seating areas on either side. Coming in from the middle, my family and I were seated on the left. A loud, obnoxious man, blonde, was seated on the right.

It's unclear what he was doing, but he was harrassing us. We asked the manager to remove the man from the restaurant, and he complied. As we left, so did this strange man, caring a white lamp without a shade. We were scared, but we had to exit anyway.

Outside the restaurant, the man said that all he wanted was to go back and finish his meal. He wasn't ready to leave. I knew he had apologized, yet I never heard the words. I took the lamp from him, and told him I'd go in and give them the lamp to a waitress, who would return it to the man, and I'd tell them that the man has our permission to return and finish his meal.

I went in, but said nothing to the restaurant staff, and I gave his lamp to a woman who was leaving out another door. I had double-crossed the harrasser.

Again, outside, I told this man to wait a minute and then go in to finish his meal and get his lamp, and I ran into the dark parking lot to find my family! I found them, and told them to HURRY! This guy would be coming out to get us at any minute.

I got into their car so they could take me to my maroon, 70's -style car at the further, and darker, end of the parking lot. The little girl with us was not buckled in, but we didn't have time to wait, so I held her in her seat with my arm across her.

Just before arriving my car, which I had trouble finding in the dark, I got out to walk along the row. Just then... the angry harrasser stepped out of the restaurant to look for me! My adrenaline was pumping on high! I ducked behind cars, trying to make a run for mine..just get my keys out and get in that car, quickly! The man pulled out his car and nearly hit my family's car. My mom got out of the car, baby girl still not belted in, and I screamed,"No! Get back in!"

This drew his attention to me...and the chase began. He kept yelling, with anguish, "Why?" and "Where is it?"

This last part played over several times before I awoke, and left the dream unresolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment