Saturday, May 23, 2009

Water Sports

I was on a small boat in a large warehouse full of water - a giant pool. The boat pulled up to a large, light-blue inflated raft which was used as a walkway to seats. There was to be some sort of water sport that we were attending.

I gingerly stepped out onto the raft, but, of course, it sank in beneath me. I knew I would not be able to walk on it, nor would I be able to climb up to the seating area.

On the other side of the blue raft, I noticed a set of stairs that led up to a ladder. I walked, ankle-deep, to the stairs and climbed up, although the stairs did not lead all the way up to the upper seating area.

From the stairs, I was able to climb onto a side rail and crawl along until I reached the upper level. This was a silly thing to do, because my hands could not carry my weight for long. Someone from the seats yelled - "You can't do that!"

I stopped, made my way back to the flimsy steps and climbed down. As I began to make my way down the blue raft, thinking...I just need to get out of here. This isn't for me.... I spotted a gate and an easy set of accessible stairs. How did I miss that the first time? I opened the gate, and began to look for the stairs. As things often are in dreams, the seating became jumbled - no space for me to sit, uncomfortable seating, difficulty in getting down the aisle to a seat. I climbed to the top and found a door leading outside.

There, my sister and her family awaited me in their van, but first..the had to go back inside and order BBQ to take home for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment