Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Unstoppable

In my latest dream,
my mom and I settle into a new house we have just rented. It's night and I have that uncomfortable feeling one has being in a new place. It's not yours yet; you feel like a stranger in your own home.

Just as I finish locking up for the evening, a knock on the door startles me. Outside is a group of bald-headed Asian men trying to get in. I turn off the lights and hope that they go away, but I turn toward the door to find that it is hanging open.

The men enter. They're looking for the previous tenant who has something these guys want. What it is..is unclear, but they want it badly!
While there is no specific dialogue in this dream, it's clear that they make a threat and leave. This happens every night the same way - short, bald-headed Asian men enter the house at night. I lock up, chain the door and bar the windows. Each time, I turn to find the door has been opened..they enter and threaten us, the intensity increases each time.

Before evening comes, I try to convince my mom that we must move out of that house the very next day and never return. We know nothing of the previous tenants. We have no idea what these men are looking for, but we have not convinced them one iota. Our lives are in danger if we stay. In the back of my mind, I think - they'll find us anywhere we go.

One evening, I enter the home to find the entire group of bald-headed Asian men sitting my living room with my mom, and I know - this is it. I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment